Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year - New Inspiration

(Stolen from Tumblr again)

So it has come to that time of the year again where people start claiming to eat healthy and never pick up anything containing sugar again! - We all know your lying to yourselves. Yet I do feel like I could, at least, increase my intake of fruit and vegetables and eat less meat - (I think I ate meat at least twice a day). I purchased myself a NutriBullet, praying it will solve my dilemmas, but also exercise is a MUST in order to feel healthy. A YouTube video I recently watched by Kalel helped me get an insight on what you really need to do/eat in order to just be that little bit healthier, without going extreme and purchasing silly diet products.

Following from this, I am constantly seeing people advertising how amazing Juice Plus is. After researching more into it, it just appears to be the most unhealthy way of losing weight for the 'Summer Body'. It seems to just constantly tell you to drink a juice as a solid food replacement and then you will be thin. My friends have all gone through the phase of just drinking juiced vegetables and fruits and have dramatically lost weight within weeks/months. However, you eventually have to stop this liquid-only diet and it eventually leads to the person over-eating as much as they can as they haven't eaten solid foods in weeks. There is not great diet to follow, as no matter what, you'll get bored and go back to the usual ways. The perfect solution is just to do some exercise regularly, (preferably daily - even just for 3-5 mins), and to eat less sugar and fat and more vegetables. Don't cut out sugar and fat completely - treat yourself occasionally. It is your life and body, so don't feel the need to punish yourself by withdrawing all food that you enjoy just for you to fit into an outfit for a few weeks in the Summer.

The best video that has inspired me would honestly be the video by Kalel, which just let me realise that cutting down the meat amount will help a lot more, as I don't need to eat meat twice a day!
Learn to love yourself and just enjoy experimenting with different foods! :)



6 comments:

  1. A very interesting post.
    I totally agree that going on a liquid diet can only affect your haelth. Thanks for sharing :)


    http://fitfreshfabulousme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) exactly! Love your blog!

      Delete
    2. Everything in moderation with some exercise, good read thanks

      Delete
    3. Everything in moderation with some exercise, good read thanks

      Delete